Medium/Slow Speed Diesel Superintendent Engineer
Career track opportunity for experienced diesel superintendent engineers with the marine and power generation market in the Houston and US Gulf market area.
- Previous superintendent experience with 4-stroke or 2-stroke diesel engines (MAN, Wartsila, Mak, EMD) and auxiliaries. Ability to run a team of technicians and machinists on site.
- Vast experience in diesel gen-set maintenance.
- Knowledge of diesel engine control and automation systems
- Understanding of OSHA requirements
- Cognizance with Flag State and IACS Regulations
- Full understanding of engine room operations
- Ability to use diesel engine diagnostic equipment.
- Commissioning experience is a plus
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer-focused attitude.
- Willing to travel to various global customer locations upon request including shipyard periods, onboard service, and travel to the power stations, for extended lengths of time.
- Ability to complete documentation in line with current warranty practices and work logs / expense reports.
- Energetic and a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines.
- Bachelor Degree preferred, but not required.
- Excellent references must be provided.
- Valid US Passport and Drivers license required
- Ability to pass background check and pre-employment DOT drug screen.