Our client, an international cruise company, is looking for a Director of Marine Operations with cruise ship/superyacht experience to head up their team.
In this role you will manage all the direct activities of the marine operations department including the technical operations:
- Manage and supervise the staff involved in all phases of marine operations shoreside and shipboard pertaining to the company cruise vessels. You will assure that vessel safety, policies and procedures are of the highest standards.
- Oversee annual shipyard maintenance and refurbishment periods for each vessel assuring all R&M and Capex projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Responsible for vessel bunkering, port arrangements and itinerary planning.
- Manage special projects, as assigned by SVP Marine & Newbuilding.
- Full financial responsibility.
- Oversee and actively manage the budgeting and forecast process for Port Operations, Fleetwide R&M, CAPEX, Fuel, and security costs.
- Bachelor’s level Degree or higher in Nautical Studies or Marine Engineering, preferably both.
- An experienced and proven track record as licensed nautical officer (actual service as Captain or VC, or Chief Officer level preferred) of a cruise ship or superyacht with at least 7 years’ actual sea time.
- Newbuild experience preferred, to include delivery/takeout.
- 3-5 years of successful direct supervision in both an on-board and office environment of at least 10 persons; greater than 10 preferred.
In return for the above, our client is offering a generous compensation package.
This is a great opportunity to join a long-established company with tremendous opportunity for ongoing advancement.
WE ARE MARITIME PROFESSIONALS - MARITIME RECRUITMENT AND MARITIME EXECUTIVE SEARCH IS OUR BUSINESS
Keywords: Electrical, Electronic, Electrical Superintendent, Oil Major, Energy Major, LNG, Oil Tanker, Chemical Tanker, FLNG, FSRU, FSO, FPSO, Flagship Management, Cruise, Cruiseline, Maritime, Marine Operations, Maritime Academy, Warsash, OCIMF, Shipyard, Newbuilding, Shipping, LR, DNV, ABS, BV, RINA.