Director - Marine Technical – Miami FL
We are looking for someone with sailing experience as 1st Engineer or Chief Engineer preferably on cruise or passenger vessels with 3-5 years of previous shoreside experience.
- Directs daily operations of all equipment and engineering personnel.
- Supervise shore based engineering team.
- Reviews ship’s maintenance records and recommends improvements in maintenance cycle.
- Plans equipment change out operations and directs engineering personnel
- Oversees vessel’s engine and deck equipment inventory control and purchasing
- Performs monthly comparisons of budgets to actual costs incurred
- Periodically evaluates personnel, recommends ongoing training, and works collaboratively regarding promotions, hiring, and future succession planning.
- Participates in planning technical budgets, capital improvement programs, dry-dock operations.
- Bachelor Degree from a Maritime Academy in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture.
- Chief Engineer’s License, Unlimited Horsepower.
- 5+ years at sea
- 3+ years shoreside experience (i.e. Port Engineer/Fleet Engineer, Technical Superintendent, Technical Manager, Technical Director or similar).
- Experience liaising with Class Societies and regulatory bodies; IMO/ILO/Flag State/Port State/USCG.
- Able to legally work in the USA.