The Human Resources Director will guide and manage the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for my Norfolk area shipyard client. The successful candidate will be flexible, have strong interpersonal skills, be motivated to find ways to move the business forward and be a business partner. Other required attributes:
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to develop strategic partnerships across the enterprise.
- Ability to interact and work with employees at all levels from executive suite to the blue collar workforce
- Ability to learn the business and ship repair industry and apply best practices and innovative solutions to address human resources issues.
- Utilize innovative experience with recruiting trends to develop and implement comprehensive, creative recruiting methods/campaigns.
- Develop an understanding of the training needs of the company and continuously update/improve all Trades Trainee and Management Trainee programs for the company.
- Stay current on HR/Industry trends in order to recommend, develop, implement and communicate HR policies and objectives including policy changes and initiatives designed to meet the current and changing Company plans and goals
- Formulate, recommend and oversee HR policies and objectives to promote the Company Values and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- 7+ years of progressive HR leadership experience
- BA degree in HR, Business or Management
- Experience in a shipyard or shipyard adjacent industry
- Experience in data analysis