We are looking for a Maritime Engineering or Transportation to be responsible for daily management of all fleet operations activities and inland functions focusing on optimal fleet inventory, fleet maintenance, fleet strategy including size/type of fleet, composition of fleet and ROCE. Maintain relationships with carriers as well as insuring specific levels of service to all clients and optimize the process to meet the needs of the customer.
- Manage & supervise Inland, Fleet & Terminal Maintenance departments
- Foster a high-performing operations team assessing potential gaps, actively coach employees’ facilitating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Manage day-to-day fleet and inland operations staff - terminal maintenance, logistics, and the Fleet Management team; within company standards of excellence. Efforts will support right sized fleets, well maintained equipment, on-time pick-ups and deliveries through our trucking partners
- Supervise programs, policies, and/or procedures to reduce or eliminate organizational risk, dealing with safety and accident prevention. Support functions related to hazardous materials handling, business continuity, claims management
- Provide leadership in support of terminal operations; build relationships with customers and service providers
- Candidate must be knowledgeable and compliant with all government Standards and Certifications
- Manage and negotiate Inland contracted services contacts, rates, fuel charges, and other areas as identified. Manage capital requirements for the Fleet, while controlling costs through leadership and business process improvements. Prepare Capital Appropriation Request’s (CAR) for all fleet capital purchases. Ensure all risk-associated contracts, insurances, and records are maintained and bid appropriately
- Prepare and review Inland Transportation and Fleet operating budgets and capital budgets, review strategic goals and objectives quarterly and report progress
- Report fleet optimization, productivity and budgeting performances to senior leadership. Develop a long-term fleet renewal strategy to ensure optimum fleet mix. Periodically evaluate trailer weight/cube analysis
- Identify opportunities to utilize surplus equipment. Identify equipment for retirement, method of disposal and value per “Disposal of Asset Procedure”
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA a plus
- Experience in transportation or related industry.
- Experience building and analyzing data sets including Capital modeling and forecasting tools
- General business skills to include the ability to read and interpret financial statements and related documents.