Dockmaster - Baltimore, MD
We are looking for an experienced Dockmaster. This position will be responsible for all all vessels, drydock facilities, and personnel during drydocking operations. We are looking for a team player with experience managing drydocking operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervise all docking operations of vessels in an efficient manner while ensuring the safety of all personnel and equipment
- Lead and manage a team of shipwright personnel to execute all docking operations.
- Interface with Operations Management to schedule the docking and undocking of vessels.
- Read and interpret docking plans/arrangements, develop blocking plans with safe blocking loads based upon sound calculations, and be capable of layout/safe arrangement of blocks for docking.
- Execute safe dry-docking operations, analyze tide and wind conditions, and maintain weight logs and docking plans.
- Responsible for the technical work in docking, rigging, hauling, and undocking vessels.
Desired skills and experience:
- 3+ years of experience as Dockmaster performing similar functions
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering - Naval Architecture preferred
- Familiar with shipyard operations and project planning
- Willingness to pitch in where needed to get the job done
- Leadership skills and the ability to work within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills