The Electrical Engineer provides technical support to different project leaders and the more senior engineers in the company in the formulation and validation of project work plans, monitors and influences the performance of planning, engineering, design and construction efforts in accordance with the plans and assists in data gathering and analysis for the reporting on project progress, scheduled deliverables and budget. This involves managing equipment, customer and factory interface and master schedule development and adherence.
*** This is an ideal position for an experienced Field Service Engineer to grow into a managerial position without all the travel. Experience with ABB, Siemens, Converteam, Rolls-Royce, General Electric electrical systems***
Daily Duties & Challenges:
- Plans, directs and coordinates preparation of project documentation, such as engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules, and contract modifications to ensure customer contract requirements are met.
- Reviews contract to determine documentation required for each phase of the project, applying knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Reviews and verifies project documentation for completeness, format and compliance with contract requirements.
- Confers with engineers, managers, customers and others to discuss project, prepare documents or modify contract schedules.
- Manage Technical Equipment and delivery schedules.
- Participate in Different Customer Projects.
- Applies and develops basic skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization.
- Know fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the area of specialization, be amenable to develop for other functional areas.
- Occasional Travel
- Bachelor of Science in engineering from an ABET accredited college or university – Electrical or Instrumentation and Controls Engineering
- Engineer-in-Training Certification preferred
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S Permanent Resident status
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Good problem-solving skills
- CAD Proficiency required, 3D experience highly desirable
Key Attributes for Success:
- Provide intensity and commitment in daily activities
- Have ability to work towards a personal "Best in Class" standard
- Have ability to execute decisions with speed and conviction
- Keep well organized files and provide accessibility to others inside and outside of the department
- Demonstrate total commitment to outstanding customer service, developing a loyal customer base
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines and be flexible in working on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate strong verbal, written, computer and technical communication and presentation skills
- Ability to learn and develop skills to manage and produce results in a fast paced growing business.
- Establish procedures to monitor and/or regulate processes, tasks, or activities of subordinates or job activities and responsibilities. Taking action to follow up the results of delegated assignments or projects.
- Ability to understand and analyze financial data.
- Generate and/or recognize imaginative and creative solutions to work-related situations.
- Ability to make rational and realistic decisions that are based on logical assumptions, reflect factual information and show consideration of organizational resources.
- Proactive attitude towards confronting and resolving problems.
- Ability to effectively express and present ideas or tasks to an individual or to a group.
- Ability to travel and remain overnight as required, including international destinations.
- Results driven: Taking ownership, sense of urgency, hands-on when and where necessary, pro-active.
- Works independently, takes initiative and completes challenging assignments.
- Proven ability to work as a team member and collaborate with others.
- Manage high workload: Multi-tasking, multi-organizing, delivering contributions to multiple projects with sometimes conflicting resource requirements.
- Highly mobile as the job requires working on various large piece of equipment from all side throughout many level and heights.
A minimum of five (5) years’ experience with:
- Electrical equipment and components system design, CAD, programming, operations and/or commissioning with engines, generators, turbines, pumps, boilers, gases, piping, power generation systems, switchgear, motor control centers, transformers, surge suppression, etc.
- Strong organizational and project management capabilities.
- Direct involvement with moving mechanical systems and energized electrical circuits.
- Ability to produce and understand single lines, P&ID, process schematics, and flow charts.
- Strong industrial power background.
- Utility interconnection requirements.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office, networks, operating systems and Internet communications.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with industrial computer systems, PLC’s and DCS’s. Experience with GE Fanuc, Allen Bradley, Rockwell, and Siemens platforms is preferred.
- Person in this position needs to occasionally visit customer locations.
- Office environment, sedentary job.
- Person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery and occasionally visit customer sites.
- Must have the ability to walk/stand throughout the day
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.