My Client is a Marine and Offshore Consultancy who require an Electrical Project Engineer to join their team.
The candidate will be required to act as the Electrical, Instrumentation and Automation subject matter expert on marine and offshore related projects.
- Managing assigned EIA projects including significant repairs, programs, investigations, processes and meetings.
- Developing and supporting assigned projects.
- Reviewing electrical, instrumentation and automation work plans, including repair and
- conversion specifications.
- Participating in Project Risk Review meetings.
- Ensuring that the Engineering Change Management process, pertaining to EIA Systems is adhered to.
- Draft and Review of new build specifications.
- Support New Building Project Department and attend ships sea/gas trials as required.
- Developing design criteria for EIA systems.
- Treat safety and environmental compliance as a top priority.
- Ensuring that the activities pertaining to electrical, instrumentation and automation aspects within assigned projects comply with HSEQ policies.
Experience and Knowledge required:
- Knowledge of marine electrical, instrumentation and automation systems
- Education, training and experience as an electrical engineer. (minimum 3rd Engineer)
- Experience sailing on gas ships preferred but not essential
- Analytical, problem solving, time management, project management and decision-making skills.
- Familiar with current technology and industry regulations
- Knowledge of marine technical operations.
- Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to respond positively to customers in an effective manner.
- Experience of electrical propulsion systems an advantage