Electrical Transmission Superintendent
Reporting to the Manager of Transmissions and Distribution Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Provide general overview of work for adherence to safety, schedule compliance, quality of workmanship, adherence to design standards, work methods, vehicle and tool inspections;
- Set schedule for various items including the weekly job plan for the Department, the monthly safety meeting, bi-monthly vehicle and quarterly tool inspections, then communicate to the line supervisors for completion and monitor for performance;
- Provide leadership and promote positive employee relations by ensuring the effective administration of rules and regulations and employee problem and issues are dealt with promptly by conducting performance appraisals on employees as per Company guidelines;
- Monitor and enforce all CUC standards and policies, and recommended changes if necessary. Identify projects to promote continuous improvement in system efficiency and reliability;
- Provide input to the construction and maintenance section in the budget preparation with emphasis on the operational requirements, i.e. manpower, tools, equipment, training and external contractors;
- Follow the annual plan for the completion of capital projects as set by Planning Group;
- Ensure all employee training and development plans are carried out in order to attain fully qualified persons in all positions;
- Ensure that all accidents and incidents, including spills are investigated and reports competed in a timely manner.
Applicants must possess:
- An approved apprenticeship lineman training program with 10 years’ experience as a qualified lineman.
- Five years’ experience as Electrical Line supervisor and currently holds a valid driver's license.
- Builds and exhibits team spirit to foster organizational goals and objectives. Model qualities like respect, helpfulness, and cooperation.
- Guide the performance of others while holding them accountable
- Demonstrates project management skills.
- Demonstrates the personal drive and safe work ethic for the work group
Pay is in US Dollars
Work is within the Caymen Islands Tax-Free Jurisdiction, no Income Tax
Client offers a relocation package and temporary housing