My client is headquartered in the UK and operates globally. They provide digital solutions to the maritime industry. From their position as the world's largest supplier of navigational charts and publications
My client is pivoting to become the industry leader in digital navigation and compliance with our game-changing OneOcean platform.
Their market-leading solutions help clients improve the cost-efficiency of ship operations, the situational awareness of their crews, managers and owners and assist them with ever-growing compliance requirements.
There are multiple positions located in:
LONDON & SOUTHAMPTON
Throughout this 6-9 month project, the successful applicant will help research, develop and maintain our in-house database of maritime environmental regulations to increase market share and to answer technical enquiries. You will report to the Environmental Team Leader.
Responsible to the Team Leader to ensure the quality, accuracy and development of the EnviroManager product, including:
- Responsible for ensuring the quality, accuracy and development of EnviroManager.
- Quality & Assurance of all environmental regulations entered into the EnviroManager
- Represent my client at IMO MEPC sessions
- Research, manage and maintain existing content to ensure it is up to date with the latest maritime environmental regulations
- Monitor new and upcoming regulation changes
- Analyse regulations, policies, guidance documents and data
- Implement new regulations into the system
- Prepare written documents and presentations to summarise and explain complex environmental regulations and policies.
- Any other tasks associated with the above functions
- Applicants will have a professional sea-going maritime background, or other relevant experience (such as relevant maritime related Degree or relevant shore-based experience).
- Will accept graduates with relevant degree for a junior position
- Applicants will need to show a good understanding of the environmental regulatory requirements for ships, large yachts and ports around the world (for example, IMO MARPOL regulations), or the ability to rapidly familiarise themselves with it.
- IT literate with commonly found office IT systems, particularly MS office packages.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to lead and work as part of a team, but also able to work independently when required.
- Ability to absorb and interpret complex information.
- Able to pay extremely close attention to detail, specifically auditing accuracy of own work.
- Able to plan and prioritise own workload.