Export Coordinator - Chemical Tank Containers
- Making bookings with steamship companies that satisfy our customer’s timelines
- Scheduling loading times at our customer’s facility or outside supplier.
- Notifying customers promptly if there are any additional charges incurred because of delays at the loading facility.
- Verifying the customer’s specific requirements for the tank.
- Coordinating and scheduling the movements of the loaded tanks back to the port or rail terminal.
- Tracking shipments to ensure they are loaded on board the intended vessel.
- Issuing transportation documents for export shipments.
- Notifying our overseas offices of shipments in a timely fashion.
- Processing invoices.
- Maintaining export files in an organized system, according to our established Company procedure.
- Ensuring compliance with existing U. S. Government laws and regulations, including Hazardous Cargo regulations.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the chemical transportation industry or freight forwarding industry.
- Thorough understanding of international shipping, house bills of lading, master bills of lading and Shipping Advices.
- Experience working with hazardous materials a plus.
- Minimum High School diploma. Associate’s degree preferred.
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills a must.
- Must function well in a team setting.
- Basic computer skills required: MS Outlook, Word and Excel.