Southampton / Portsmouth area - or area commutable to both
Main Purpose of Job
To support Field Services for installation/commissioning and repairs UK offshore and overseas and Workshop in repairs, testing and projects activities.
- To carry out field service and repairs on my clients scoped equipment & systems.
- To carry out standard & special to type field service installations, test & commissioning.
- To liaise with customers prior to carrying out field duties.
- To prepare test equipment/tools/spares/installation materials prior to mobilisation, this may entail short notice being given.
- To provide accurate and detailed technical reports for all activities and give feedback to facilitate future service planning and improvements.
- To provide time sheets/expense sheets for each activity and code accordingly for charging to customer where appropriate.
- To maintain inventory of materials and test equipment held and to record usage and reinstatement where appropriate.
- To ensure that all returnable unused spares and/or defective spares are returned without delay using correct paperwork.
- To maintain in good order and be accountable for all allocated vehicles, IT equipment, mobile telephones, test instruments and tools.
- To ensure technical knowledge and familiarisation with company products is maintained
- To provide competent Datacoms and Satcom repair, test and equipment build, and support for Workshop as required.
- To conduct GMDSS surveys