Responsible for performing troubleshooting, overhaul, and repairs of mechanical and electro-mechanical valve and actuator assemblies for US Navy and US Coast Guard marine applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble and test hardware and subassemblies
- Assemble valve/actuator packages
- Troubleshoot and repair various types of valve actuators on site
- Interface and communicate effectively with customers
- Maintain safe work practices and safe work areas
- Knowledge of valve and actuator types.
- Knowledge of electric valve actuators and their applications.
- Basic Electrical function of actuators and control systems.
- Mechanical assembly of valves and actuators.
- Knowledge / experience with variety of electronic test equipment
- Ability to follow technical drawings / schematics.
- Knowledge of ISO standards and military specifications.
- Ability to set-up and use a variety of assembly and test tools and equipment to verify product complies with drawings and specifications.
- 3-5 years min experience in a repair environment desired (US Navy or US Coast Guard preferred).
- Technical education or experience desirable.
- Experience as a Machinist Mate; Electronics Mate; Electricians Mate; Gas Turbine Electrical or Machinist Mate; or Engineman Rating.
Must be a US Citizen in order to receive required security clearance.
We offer a highly competitive salary for this position along with a full range of top quality employee benefits including medical, prescription, dental, and vision insurance programs. 401k retirement plans with company match, paid vacation, personal days, and holidays.