Field Technician - Jacksonville, FL
We're looking for a field technician with vibration analyzing experience. This position will allow you to split your time being at sea on board ships as well as working from the office on a regular basis. If you have a condition monitoring experience and the desire for an exciting career continue reading.
- Analyze and collect vibration data on all types of machinery on board ocean going vessels
- Conduct infrared thermography surveys on electrical panels
- Supply preliminary analysis on data collected
- Work with the vessel and shoreside personnel to review the data collected
- Ability to review data and analysis with various parties including customers and regulators
- Spend time on board conducting surveys and working with shipboard crew
- A Certified Vibration Analyst Level I or II (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Certified Thermographer Level I or equivalent
- Prior U.S. Navy or USCG engineering / technical experience is a plus
- Ability to be flexible with time and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and speaking.
- Good mechanical, mathematical, and computer aptitude
- Shipboard engineering / technical knowledge
- Familiarity with vibration, thermography, and condition monitoring technology
- Familiarity with machine overhaul, alignment, balancing and planned maintenance/fleet management software.
If you have the right technical experience my client will support your training to help you obtain the required certifications. This position requires the the right to work in the USA and the ability to travel away from home and at sea up to 50% of the time.