Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives and as such provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives
2. Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
3. Develop financial and tax strategies
4. Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
5. Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
1. Participate in key decision as a member of the executive management team
2. Establish and maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team as to identify organizational needs and seek full business solutions if necessary
3. Manage and oversees all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the Company; presently a staff of 9 – AP/AR/Credit Departments
4. Oversees the financial operations 5. Manage the Accounting Service(s)
6. Maintain operational best practices and ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
7. Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
8. Oversee the transaction processing systems
9. Oversee employee benefit plans, with emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefit package
10. Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
1. Oversees the issuance of financial information from CPA with President
2. Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets, consolidation, reporting to the Company
3. Ensure credibility by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts
4. Reports financial results to the Executive Management
Strategy, Planning and Management:
1. Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
2. Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system
3. Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- BA in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- MBA, a minimum of 5 years as a Finance manager in a mid-sized company or group of companies ($50-100 million+)
- 14+ years total accounting and/or finance experience
- Experience/Background in systems implementation strongly preferred
- Hands on ERP Systems Experience
- Excellent communication Skills
- English and good working knowledge of Portuguese and Spanish a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation