Financial Analyst - New York, NY
Our client is looking for a financial analyst who is familiar with the dry bulk trades. Ideally you will have knowledge of the dry bulk shipping markets and process driven approach to analyzing data. If you consider yourself an IMOS superuser this is an opportunity for you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze monthly P&L and determine variance explanations for actual versus budget
- Analyze financial and operating results, identify variances and areas for improvement
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
- Assist with monthly reporting
- Coordinate with department managers performing various analysis on assumptions used to compile the current year budget.
- Develop, interpret and implement various financial models/scenarios for financial planning.
- Financial liaison between business units
- Support operations and accounting group with analysis
- Manage IMOS software entry and analysis tools
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or business related discipline
Skills/Software: High proficiency in Excel; prior experience with IMOS required