This is a terrific opportunity for an existing fleet manager or an experienced senior superintendent to take on a role with a long established and current expanding capesize owner in Cyprus.
The activities associated with the position will include the following:
- Overall management responsibility for maintenance and repair of company vessels
- Management of technical superintendency team in Cyprus
- Liaison with clients and company stakeholders
- Overall budgetary and reporting control for technical management
- Manage class and statutory surveys
- Manage Internal and external technical reporting
- Overall responsibility for insurance matters
- Overall fleet performance management
- Work with other vessel management departments including marine and HSE to ensure safe vessel operations
- International travel required
The person should:
- Be self motivated
- Have previous fleet management or senior superintendency experience
- Experience of large dry bulk vessels and marine electronic engines would be a significant advantage
- Work well in a team environment
- Hold a Chief's Class 1 CoC
- Sailed as a Chief engineer on bulk vessels
- Have a working knowledge of MS Office
- Have good time management skills.
In return you can expect a great career with an established shipowner as they expand and develop their international business. You can also expect an excellent compensation package.