We are presently partnering with a global shipping organisation, and we are looking for a Fleet Upgrade Global Project Manager (China) to join the Upgrade Department of the company.
As part of the Upgrade Team, you will be based in China for a one year contract - renewable ; Your main tasks will be to supervise the main repairs (Dry-docking) and all the upgrades (Retrofit, Scrubber…) for a large fleet of Dry Cargo vessels.
The candidate requirements are the following :
- Marine or Mechanical Engineer background.
- Strong experience in Dry-Docking, Ship’s repair and maintenance (Shipyard or Shipowner)
- A previous experience in Chinese Shipyard will be a plus but not compulsory
- Able to coordinate a complex dry dock / repair / upgrade process in cooperation with the vessels’ superintendents / shipyard / sub-contractors / crew / company
- Fully conversant in usual IT software (office, project, dry docking dedicated software)
- Fluently writing and speaking English.
- Excellent technical and commercial abilities for negotiation with shipyards and sub-contractors
Attractive remuneration package will be provided to the selected candidate.