In this diverse role you will be responsible for all import and export forwarding activities dealing with a wide array of counter-parties including customers, shipping lines, HMRC and internal contacts. Current freight forwarding experience is essential.
- Promote the FF function so as to increase business, reputation and revenue.
- Manage customers in line with agreed processes and ensure their needs are met in a proactive and professional manner at all times.
- Handle customer enquiries providing outstanding customer service at all times.
- Prepare and deliver accurate and competitive customer quotations for import, export and haulage services.
- Ensure financial records are updated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Authorise and issue invoices for services rendered.
- Raise import and export entries in line with HMRC best practice ensuring accurate and up-to-date advice is given to customers when needed.
- Liaise with 3rd party forwarders regarding their customers cargo / queries when required.
- Issue notice of arrivals, raise THC invoices, collect freight, ensure cargo is removed from quay list, create and maintain necessary work books.
- Advise customers of the correct claims procedure for the line their cargo arrives on and assist where necessary with documentation.
- Forge relationships with European counter-parts and liaise with other terminal departments to ensure accurate data and cross over tasks are well managed.
- Ensure T1 documents and cargo releases are handled in a timely manner.
- Ensure all relevant customs checks required prior to loading are carried out and follow after loading to ensure departures have triggered for OEM cargo and vessel checks using appropriate systems.
- Ensure import and export bookings are managed to a high standard enabling customers to plan their transport for goods accordingly including HH goods, POVs and Haulage.
- Prioritise tasks in line with customer expectations but also meeting terminal needs.
- Raise terminal storage invoices and ensure good collaboration with IDC release team to capture maximum revenue for the terminal.
- Ensure strict adherence to GDPR guidelines in respect to customer data.
- Maintain effective knowledge of pertinent legislation for customs and compliance.
- Adhere to the terminal's Health and Safety policy in and around the port whilst visiting necessary berths.
- Deputise for the Forwrding Team Leader as required.
- Proven shipping and Import / Export documentation knowledge (country/clearance requirements) is essential i.e. in a similar role currently.
- In addition you will be intimately familiar with and understand customs' regimes, requirements and formalities.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Strong IT skills are required with mastery of Excel.
- You will be an effective communicator able to build rapport and develop relationships.
- You must be able to effectively manage your time and prioritise workload, often working under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Please get in touch to learn more or to discuss your application in confidence.