Our client is a European based global freight forwarding company specialising freight management, customised logistics solutions and multimodal services with their employees and network across regions.
Reporting to Branch Manager, the Operations Manager is responsible to improve the productivity and increase the efficiency to achieve operational excellence for the freight management and logistics solutions for the branch.
- Provide leadership, support, control and manage the export/import and customs operations and invoicing operations team.
- Lead, coach and supervise the airfreight and seafreight team leaders if needed
- Conduct weekly meeting with team leaders to ensure maximum revenue is obtained from jobs and to discuss on requirements to service new accounts
- Review on credit line analysis report and action in accordance to the procedures outlined on weekly basis
- Analyse on the shipment report on weekly basis
- Involved and taking action on cargo claims and correspondence
- Control and manage the customs airfreight and seafreight clearance and compliance
- Provide support in import, export, warehouse and transport operational matters
- Maintain and improve existing client base
- Contact with clients/overseas/interstate offices regarding preparation and progress of shipments
- Close files with operational accounting procedures and the time frame as set by the branch
- Recruit, train, coach and review staff performance.
- At least a Diploma in any discipline
- At least 8 years of hands on operational knowledge and know-how in the freight forwarding/logistics industry
- Strong operational experience in airfreight and seafreight
- Good understanding on customs brokerage procedures and compliance
- Proven leadership or people management experience
- Good communicator and strong interpersonal skills
Visit www.directsearch.global/vacancies and follow us on LinkedIn for more information and opportunities
Registration No: 201425475W
EA License No: 14C7312
If you feel you fit the criteria and would like to take your career to the next step then please apply via the website or forward your CV to email@example.com