Faststream has partnered with a growing and vibrant client that is in search of a General Manager for their Singapore office, which will be reporting directly to the Vice President of Strategic Growth based in the HQ office.
It is the responsibility of the Logistics General Manager to strategically lead their branch, monitor and build the financial performance of the team, meet and exceed metrics.
Why the employees love the company:
- Values "I love working for a company that I am proud to represent based on its morals and people."
- Opportunities "It's exciting to play a part in building an organization knowing that as you succeed, more and more opportunities become available."
- Leadership "I love coming in each day and knowing that my opinion matters to our leadership team."
Summary of General Manager Key Responsibilities and essential job functions include:
- Generate new business and revenue while improving gross margins and profitability
- Create and drive a business plan strategy that successfully meets sales goals
- Management of existing business accounts and continuously building customer rapport
- Maintain a working knowledge of the company's speciality services, internal resources, competitive strategies, and customer requirements
- Make sound decisions in regards to the branch budget, expenses, costs, and overall profitability
- Convey and report branch and individual accountability back to key leadership members
- Deliver clear expectations in regards to the role and direction of your team(s)Promote and instil a positive work environment that is challenging and engaging
- Proactively address concerns, conflicts, and interactions with team members
- Embrace the hiring process by solidifying the branches key positions and building new talent
General Manager Qualification, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to inspire and motivate others to reach and exceed goals
- Multitask and make timely decisions in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Diploma or Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Supply Chain Management, Logistics Transportation or another related field of study preferred
- 3-5 years previous business management experience in the freight industry, including areas of international ocean, cargo, import, export, freight forwarding, third-party logistics management, warehousing, supply chain, and tradeshow set-up
- Working knowledge of the third-party logistics model, fleet management, and freight forwarding
- 3+ years experience in a supervisory or management role leading high-performance teams
- Experience in LCL and FCL
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply now or send your CV in WORD format to Rudy.Feroz@faststream.com