Our client is a leading shipping organisation looking to hire an experienced General Manager for their office in Jakarta, Indonesia.
This is an excellent role for a shipping professional to lead a team and further develop the business within Indonesia in accordance with their global strategic plan at the local level. You will play a pivotal role in cultivating the business for this internationally reputed, progressive and inclusive entity whilst concurrently maintaining a high-quality standard and ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures.
This role will cover the key functional components of:
- to contribute to the development of the operational & commercial strategy
- to ensure flawless service delivery, meeting and exceeding customer expectations in all business segments
- to reduce the cost of execution, whilst improving productivity
- meet or exceed revenue and EBITDA targets
- build and maintain business relationships with assigned customers (internal/external)
- monitor customers, market & competitor activity and generate leads for the Regional Sales Team
- identify and develop potential opportunities in conjunction with the Regional Sales Team
To be suitable for this position, you will have at least 15 years work experience in developing and implementing sales and business strategy, along with managerial experience within the maritime industry. This role will appeal to a well-networked and commercially minded leader with a proven track record, providing mentorship to a team and growing a business. It is essential that you are articulate, and possess solid analytical, planning, execution and negotiation ability.