- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or equivalent
- 20 years of experience, with at least 3 years in senior management capacity
- Experience in Global Taxation Framework, Technology & Automation and Stakeholder Management
- Competency in Direct Tax, Indirect Tax and Tax Planning & Advisroy
- Minimum 15 years of experience in taxation department
- Candidates with CTIM membership or Professional Accountant will have added advantage
Tax planning/ optimization
- Recommend optimum tax strategies for the Group such as tax planning opportunities, managing the transfer pricing risk, avail for tax incentives/ exemption, etc.
Tax advisor & consultancy
- Provide ad-hoc advice on tax-related issues covering both direct and indirect taxes raised by management and authorities.
- Participate and provide specialized tax advice in Group-wide projects involving:
- Withholding tax
- Goods and Services Tax
- Tax Incentives
- Transfer Pricing
- Stamp duty
- Corporate exercises (e.g. M&A, joint ventures, financing, etc.)
Tax Compliance & Regulations
- Lead and manage the tax filing plan for the Group to ensure timely submission of annual tax return.
- Identify improvement opportunities to the tax compliance process and implement related process changes.
Tax Management Knowledge Sharing/ Awareness Sessions
- Lead and manage Tax Management knowledge efforts through continuous knowledge awareness sessions throughout the Group.
- Act as a line trainer for Skill Group and other tax training.
Networking and Relationship Building
- Establish and maintain networks and relationships with the Inland Revenue Board, Royal Malaysian Customs and other relevant government agencies, tax consultants and subject matter experts to develop alliances or expand tax-related knowledge.
- Act as focal person for both internal and external parties.