Our client is a leading global metal producer currently seeking a strategic management professional with experience managing marine transportation and freight logistics teams for inbound high volume bulk commodities (iron ore, coal, bauxite, etc.).
The successful candidate will manage a complex freight operation controlling a $500m budget.
The successful candidate will have the following background/experience:
- Currently or have previously managed inbound logistics including chartering, road/rail freight of large volumes (5mt +) of industrial raw materials
- End-to-end management of scheduling
- Inventory management and security of supply
- Experience with bulk transhipment & bulk port operations would be a distinct advantage
- Management of freight contracts and 50+ freight vendors
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications & skills:
- 15 years relevant experience in logistics or shipping in a similar industry
- Good understanding of bulk port operations
- Commercial chartering experience in the ore or coal sector
- Strong knowledge of bulk inventory management and scheduling
- Good knowledge of the metal production and mining industries
- Excellent management and communications skills
In return for the above you can expect a full EXPAT package and a generous salary.