My client is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification, delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 my client offer innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Job Role: Graduate Marine Technical Centre Surveyor
Location: South Shields, Newcastle
Salary: Up to £30,000 (dependent on experience) plus excellent benefits package
An opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Technical Centre Surveyor to work with my client in an office based role in South Shields, Newcastle.
My clients Technical Centre works with some of the world's most prestigious clients to deliver support and expertise. Combining specialist competence and technical knowledge, you will work with a vast array of clients and vessel types.
Briefly the role will compromise of:
- Client technical support
- Assistance & project management of plan approval for modifications and conversions on existing ships
- Tonnage calculations and Certificate issuance
- Document review of SOPEP, SMPEP and STS documents
- Liaising with Flag state in relation to statutory queries
- Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture Graduate (BEng or MEng)
- Some previous experience at sea or within the marine industry would be beneficial although not compulsory
- Effective communication skills and ability to prioritise
- Customer focused and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of standard IT applications