Head Marine & Structure (FPSO)
Direct Search Global is partnering with one of the world’s largest offshore asset owner to search for a “Head of Marine & Structure” to be based at their office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The Head of Project Services will be responsible for managing the development of robust technical definition designs for complex FPSO Hull, Ancillary Structures, Mooring, Living Quarters and Helideck. You will be the main focal point for FEED, Detailed Design, Construction Engineering and Follow-on Engineering support phases.
- Ensure FPSO Marine design is safe, operable and maintainable, and fully compliant with the Basis of Design (BoD)
- Establish and agree definitive work scopes, physical work area boundaries and interfaces between Hull, Living Quarter, Mooring and Topsides
- Ensure designs are completed to an agreed level of definition to provide weight, equipment, specifications and quantities for input to the bid cost model within an agreed level of accuracy
- Incumbent will be responsible for management/supervision up to 10 discipline engineers
- Bid phase engineering work scopes to be completed within allocated budgets and schedule
- Manage the delivery of Approval for Purchase and Approved Construction deliverables in accordance with agreed issue dates and construction sequences
- Ensure quality systems are in place and utilized in accordance with engineering execution plan
- Provide the physical environment for the design team to operate in an efficient and safe manner.
- Develop manpower plans and mobilize resources in accordance with the required start dates.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to clarify and resolve interfaces and specific requirements to support the design
- Support disciplines in the timely development of Bid deliverables
- Perform verification on key deliverables which directly impact weight & cost
- Agree and record levels of Engineering contingency included in Weight & C of G reports, Bulk MTOs, Electrical Load List and ICSS I/O count estimates
- Provide input to weekly and monthly project progress reports
- Oversee the development of the Detail Design ensuring compliance with working procedures, approval cycles and adherence to the project schedule
- Develop the Topsides engineering schedule and manpower plan.
- Plan and execute design reviews, engineering audits and special studies
- Ensure HAZOP actions and approved design changes are implemented in the design in a controlled and efficient manner
- Implement the change management process for identified changes to the contractual scope of work
- Perform regular progress reviews on deliverables required for Procurement and Construction
- Perform regular progress reviews of Suppliers, Sub-contractors and Strategic Partners
- Elevate major technical, schedule & budget concerns to Delivery Managers and the Project Director
- Experience in EPCIC Projects with contract value between 1.5-2 Billion USD in owner capacity
- Minimum Engineering Degree from a reputable university
- At least 15 – 25 years of relevant experience in the execution of major Offshore Oil & Gas EPCIC projects.
- Minimum 12 years of FPSO project Experience
- Undergone at least 3 FPSO projects
- Candidates with previous experience on Brazilian FPSO projects will have added advantage
If you feel you fit the criteria and would like to take your career to the next step then please apply via the website or forward your CV to email@example.com