Faststream Recruitment has been exclusively appointed by Harland and Wolff to recruit a Head of Bid Management to be located at the flagship site in Belfast.
Harland and Wolff are now looking to build a team of top talent, who will support their ambitious growth plans. With a history spanning over 150 years of marine manufacturing experience, they offer a unique combination of vast facilities and technical capability perfectly positioned to support the full life-cycle needs of the defence, commercial shipping, cruise & ferry, oil & gas and renewables sectors as well as major civils projects.
The Head of Bid Management will lead an integrated bid team capable of managing complex bids and operating across all functions and delivery centres both in a centralised and campaign-led construct. Develop and implement winning bid strategies and plans which support annual revenue growth and business targets across target markets.
Experience operating at a similar level in either the defence, O&G, or renewable sectors, managing bids from £500K up to £100M+ is highly desired.
- Experience in complex, medium to large scale multi-disciplinary Bids.
- Experience in developing and leading successful Bid teams and developing Bid strategies.
- Experience and understanding of contract structures and varying contract arrangements.
- Understanding of commercial and financial models
- Experience working in a fast-moving, complex and multi-market environment.
- Experience in Offshore Energy/Aerospace & Defence is desirable
- An interest and awareness of current political, environmental, regulatory and business issues.
- Knowledge of policy drivers.
We are looking for someone who can bring the appropriate level of governance a role of this calibre demands and who is ready to roll up their sleeves and take command of what is a critical department within the group.
- Strong commercial acumen to understand key drivers risks and sensitivities in commercial and financial modelling.
- Ability to interpret and manage multiple Bids and/or business requirements simultaneously.
- Experienced in contract negotiations.
- Excellent project management skills.
- The ability to challenge all aspects of business/project costs and drive efficiency in all areas.
- Leadership skills to drive a winning team.
- The capacity to deliver high-quality work consistently.
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
On offer is a very attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work for a growing organisation with bags of ambition that has a very competitive service, offering across multiple high-value sectors.
To apply, please send your CV to Mike.Mcgrory@faststream.com.