Head of Chartering Pacific - Dry - Singapore
Our client, a leader in the movement of dry cargoes throughout the world, has a need for a Head of Chartering - Pacific to join their commercial team. Experiencing year to year growth my client is seeking an experienced commercial person to help lead their team in the Pacific region. In this role, the ideal candidate will work with existing customers and develop new business in the dry commodities market. You will work with principals and brokers to maximize market opportunities. We are looking for someone who is comfortable analyzing/managing risk and knows when to say no and how to get to yes.
- University degree, advanced/master degree preferred
- Previous experience in a senior chartering role in an owning or operating organization a must
- 10+ years of commercial experience in the dry sector required
- Ability to balance both new business as well as manage existing customers and relationships
- Must have an extensive network of contacts in the dry sector including cargo interests, owners, charterers, traders, and brokers
- Experienced and comfortable conducting business worldwide and understanding global trends
- Must be able to manage and lead not only a team of commercial charterers and operators but also the commercial process
This is an excellent opportunity for a strong commercial professional to join a growing international organization that will appreciate the skills and experience you can bring. The position will be based in Singapore and will be a part of the senior leadership team of the group.