URGENT REQUIREMENT: Direct Search Global is working on an urgent requirement for a Head of Construction to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia with a FPSO owner and operator. Made responsible for all construction activities, your main scope of work will involve Yard Selection, Construction Scheduling, Construction Cost Estimating and Resource Planning in owner's capacity. Read more about this exciting opportunity from the job description now!
- Responsible for all Construction activities.
- A strategic function with the company to identify construction partners and to liaise with major shipyards and fabricators in relation to new opportunities, current tenders and project execution phase.
- Manage yard capabilities and capacity assessment processes to ensure market fabrication resource limitations are factored into proposals and new yard opportuinities are maximised.
- Lead and drive the development of necessary processes and procedures to ensure all Construction related activities are undertaken safely with excellent quality standards and completed efficiently within the agreed schedule and budget.
- Support the Bid Management team in providing necessary inputs for bidding activities.
- Site Safety including for owner personnel, contractors and other onsite personnel
- Construction Quality regarding the Works
- Management of all vessel owner’s Construction resources in the various activities;
- Heavy Lift activities
- Support Bid Management in all Bidding activities providing the necessary inputs with regard to:
- Constructability in design
- Scheduling of Construction
- Yards suitability
- Resource planning
- Risk identification and Mitigation
- Construction cost estimating
- Prepare bidding documents, requests for proposals and assist in contractor procurement
- Review contractor submittals including equipment, Work Plans and QA/QC Plans
- Manage Contractors and Owner’s onsite personnel for compliance with project designs, specifications and contract requirements throughout construction
- Monitor proper documentation of construction activities
- Monthly construction reports prepared by field staff
- Interface with clients, builder and fabricator, class, regulatory bodies and other stakeholders
- At least 20 years of relevant work experience in the oil & gas sector with 15 years of involvement in FPSO projects
- Minimum exposure to 4 FPSO projects
- Rich experience and excellent knowledge in yard operation - from owner's perspective
- University Degree in relevant discipline
If you feel you fit the criteria and would like to take your career to the next step then please apply via the website or forward your CV to email@example.com