Our client is an international well reputed ship owning set-up, looking for an experienced Procurement professional with at least 5 years of recent experienced in senior supply chain management role.
You will be tasked to set-up the internal processes / procedures as well as to develop and train a team of purchasers. Your main responsibilities as follow:
- Development of procurement strategy and plans, setting up company procurement related policies
- Identify and create a database of preferred vendors / suppliers
- Reviewing and following up on changes on supply contracts/agreements and procurement
- Setting of annual budget and cost saving activities
- Oversee the planning, development and maintenance of the ERP system to ensure proper and efficient support of all procurement related activities
- Drive development, digitalization and continual improvement of the purchasing and procurement systems
- Responsible for carrying out suppliers’ audits
Occasional travelling is required for this role.
The ideal candidate must be someone with working experience in the global shipping / maritime industry, has the ability to communicate well, present, negotiate and influence internal and external stakeholders. You should be a self-motivated individual, with ability to set-up and start new processes / procedures.
The role is opened to international candidates, remunerated with a Singapore local package (no expatriate’s benefits). Experience working in Singapore is highly preferred.