Faststream is pleased to be exclusive with a global leading Port and Ships Agency provider that is seeking to hire a Head of Finance responsible for the East Mediterranean regions to be based alongside the team in Piraeus.
- Reporting into the VP Finance
- Responsible for managing, supporting, and developing the Finance team finance and related DA team
- To ensure the provision of monthly and annual accounts, budgets, rolling forecasts and strategic plans to agreed business timetables
- Actively participate in business and contract reviews
- Direct finance control, internal compliance and system migration
- Regularly reporting to the senior leadership team
- Manage internal and external audit requirements
- Qualified accountant with at least 5 years' experience
- Experience of working in a similar based role within a maritime environment
- Familiarity with all the local statutory governance
- In-depth understanding of the Maritime sector
- Knowledge of the ships agency sector is desirable
- Fluency in English and Greek; both written and spoken
- Flexible and good time management skills
- Strong organisational skills with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
In return the company offers:
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package
- Great promotion prospects
- Personal development and training opportunities
- Great company culture and working environment
Applicants should be Piraeus based or prepared to relocate and should have the existing right to live and work in Greece.
Please apply and / or contact Lakhshmi.email@example.com in confidence to discuss this role further.