The Head of HSEQ is responsible for the Health, Safety, Security, Environmental, and Quality management for the Company’s Fleet, the day to day leadership of the HSEQ department, and the Company’s Safety Management System, ensuring that the vessels are being operated in a safe & secure manner while meeting all regulatory and contractual requirements and ensuring that no one gets hurt.
• Lead the Company’s HSEQ organization consistent with the Company’s mission, strategy, and core values.
• Supervises, assigns duties, and appraises performance of employees and contractors assigned to the HSEQ Department in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
• Ensure that the Company’s Safety Management System is effectively implemented, understood, maintained, and continuously improved by all shore and sea staff and remains in compliance with and certified by recognized authorities.
• Promoting awareness to all seagoing staff of the need to operate the vessels to the highest standards consistent with relevant International and National Legislation and according to the Company’s Safety Management System.
• Reporting to the highest level of the shore based management and serving the communications link for the ships with regards to all matters of Safety, Health, Environmental Protection and Quality (Designated Person Ashore)
• Ensuring that adequate resources and appropriate training are made available for compliance with the expectations of the Company’s Safety Management System
• Ensuring regular HSEQ statistics are reported and full investigations of all accidents and dangerous occurrences are prepared and presented to the Company Management
• Monitoring whether non- conformities, deficiencies, corrective and preventive actions are correctly applied and followed through as well as verifying effectiveness of such actions
• Preparing and Supervising the program of Internal Audits within the office and on board all Managed Vessels, monitoring the timely implementation of all drills and audits of the Company and the managed vessels and ensuring that audit results are reported to the Company’s Managers. Monitoring the timely implementation of all drills and audits of the company and managed vessels and ensuring that audit results are reported to company’s managers.
• Ensuring that the company’s safety management controlled documents are properly approved and/ or authorized prior to issue.
• Preparing the Agenda and keeping minutes during Company Management Review Team Meetings
• Monitoring regulatory and practical developments in matters of safety, quality, and environmental protection for timely implementation by the Company • Supporting the Commercial, Vessel Operations, Technical, and Legal departments in safety related matters, including interface with clients, underwriters, industry organizations and regulatory authorities
• Head of the management review team (refer to management review procedure) • Head of Emergency Response Team (refer to emergency response plan)
• Other duties as assigned.
• Acceptable technical and educational experienced as approved by executive management which may include the following:
• Experience as a Master Mariner considered a plus.
• Experience leading HSEQ delivery within a large and complex operating business
• Academic Degree in a related field.
• Proficient in MS Office and Excel.
• ISM/ISPS Auditor Training.