- Lead the implementation, management and control of port and terminal operations and performance in the East Coast, West Cost and East Malaysia Operations to ensure service efficiency and reliability of port to terminal operators and port users
- Lead and enforce the implementation of Company HSSE practices, Quality Management and regulatory requirements through strict enforcement and compliance to health, security, safety and environmental standards and procedures to safeguard Company's port and terminal assets, resources and investments.
- To achieve and sustain highest possible maritime standards and performance, and to maintain business excellence in the management and safe operations of port and terminal support services.
- Direct the formulation and implementation of maritime port and terminal policies and guidelines through continuous reviews to ensure compatibility to business need and benchmarked with best industry practices to achieve high performance standard and operational excellence.
- Direct the formulation and implementation of port asset reliability and integrity strategy and plan to ensure availability and reliability of port to terminal operators and port users.
- Provide direction and guidance on port and terminal regulations and standards in line with maritime regulatory and legislative requirements, technology advancement and industry best practices to ensure port integrity and reliability.
- Strategize and formulate coastal management plan in line with business objectives to ensure terminal sustainability and reliability, and the conservation of the environment that could have impact to marine ecology.
- Provide direction in the development of plan and strategy for Upstream and Downstream port and terminal services requirements to enhance port and terminal services efficiency and reliability.
- Enforce the implementation of Company's HSSE, Quality Management and regulatory requirements through strict enforcement and compliance to health, security, safety and environmental standards and procedures to safeguard port and terminal assets, resources and investments.
- Provide direction in the development and implementation of Emergency Response management through continuous effectiveness reviews to ensure prompt and effective response in any emergency situation in order to safe life, assets and environment.
- Provide specific guidance and motivation to drive the development of a ready pool of capable and competent marine professionals with strong focus on customers, operational excellence and innovation to underpin sustainable growth and high performance culture.
- Establish networking with local/ host government authorities/ bodies, business/ management institutions, national and key industry players and service providers to identify potential emerging technology, facilitate business solutions and strengthen business opportunities and solutions.
- Lead effective implementation of Company's Code of Conduct & Business Ethics (CoBE) through counselling and motivation and appropriate mitigation/intervention program to promote and sustain staff discipline and industrial harmony.
- Enforce the compliance to regulatory and legislative requirements and good corporate governance practices in all aspects of the company business operations to safeguard and sustain the company’s and shareholders' image as a responsible corporate citizen.
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in marine related discipline e.g. Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Marine Technology, Nautical Study etc. OR Certificate of Competency (Class 1) Engine or Deck.
- Minimum 20 years of experience in marine operations, transportation and other marine related business activities in the maritime industry.
- Possesses and demonstrates effective leadership qualities, supports the building of institutional capabilities and demonstrates positive mindset and attitude.