An established ship operator with a large tanker fleet requires a HSEQ/Marine Superintendent to join their busy technical department to provide expert advice on all safety matters, to ensure overall safety compliance and quality assurance of the fleet.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Lead safety initiatives & improvements to enhance fleet safety
- Ensure the vessels are compliant with maritime legislation, flag state requirements and internal standards
- Internal expert internally and externally for all safety matters
- Conduct audits and vessel inspections
- Involvement with incident investigations, analysing reports and appropriate recommendations
- Lead any safety training with newly promoted senior ranks of crew
To be considered for this role you must have sailed at the rank of Master Mariner for 2 or more years and will have experience in handling type 1 or 2 chemicals.
Candidates straight from sea shall be considered alongside individuals who have already made the transition ashore into relevant fields.