Halcyon are pleased to be working with a Dubai based company who are a market leader in the supply of luxury goods to a prestigious client base spread across 55 countries worldwide. With ambitious plans to expand their client base further into emerging markets, they want to strengthen their logistics team with an experienced shipping professional who can find savings, efficiencies in their current supply chain and manage the clearance of shipments into emerging markets. The current operation is spread across three hubs, with on average one hundred containers inbound a year, and one hundred and fifty containers outbound per year.
Reporting to the Operations Director, this hire will oversee a small logistics team to ensure that all shipping and local clearance processes are running smoothly and effectively. Duties are as follows:
- Plan and implement overall shipping and local distribution strategy.
- Use Microsoft Business Central to organise and prioritise shipping activities.
- Select and manage local clearance agents to ensure high performance.
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies.
- Oversee the whole shipping and local clearance process.
- Proactively seek savings/efficiencies in existing supply chain.
- Set and control shipping and distribution budget.
- Manage all important documents such as bills of lading, pick slips, advanced shipping notice.
- Create and present reports for Senior management.
The client is open to considering candidates from either Dubai or South Coast of England. The successful candidate will be analytical, well organised and excel in communication. Most importantly, the client will be expecting the candidate to demonstrate an exemplary track record and network in clearing shipments into Emerging markets.