- Create, promote and enhance harmonious and conducive working environment between employees and Management by practicing sound industrial relations (government, company and employee/union) to achieve high employee productivity in meeting goals and in compliance with the statutory requirements (i.e. Employment Act, Industrial Relations Act, Trade Union Act) set by the Ministry Human Resource.
- Represent the Company in matters relating to the implementation of the Government policies in regards to the employment. Ensure company’s decisions e.g. Voluntary Scheme, Separation Package and Dismissal are in accordance with Government policies, no arbitrary actions are taken in order to avoid legal actions against the Company, thus protecting Company’s image and integrity.
- Represent the Management in all matters pertaining to employee with regards to Union’s concerns on their benefits and welfare. Ensure Union’s concerns are adequately addressed and acted upon by the Management to promote industrial harmony within the Company.
- Negotiate on behalf of the Management in the Collective Bargaining with the Union to ensure Management’s interests are protected, as well as employees’ interest are taken care of. Manage any tension that may arise during the negotiation to achieve a mutually beneficial Collective Agreement (CA) and social relationship between the parties.
Industrial Relations Focal Person
- Advise the Management in HQ and subsidiaries on IR matters relating to discipline enforcement or misconduct after conducting thorough investigation to protect the Company’s interest and at the same time dispensing justice to the employees.
- Initiate and conduct Domestic Inquiry (D.I.) proceedings on cases of which their prima facie have been established.
- Analyze the verbatim and panel reports and make appropriate recommendations without prejudice, to protect the Company’s interest and ensure that justice for the employees too are properly dispensed with.
- Ensure the company’s welfare, sports and religious activities are conducted as planned to promote employee cohesiveness and esprit de corps towards achieving harmonious working environment in the company.
- Counsel employees on work related matters or personal problems to provide avenues or stimulate practical solutions within the employment terms so that employees could focus on their respective jobs.
- Develop, manage and achieve IR database consisting of judgments, show cause letters, verbatim/DI panel reports, dismissal letter etc. for future references.
- At least 10 – 12 years of related working experience in industrial relations and employee relations.
- Degree/Master’s Degree in Law, Behavioural Science, Human Resource Management or equivalent
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.