Purpose of Job:
To effectively promote parts and service sales on all available (Product Line/Industry Type) in the territory assigned in accordance with the policies of the client.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Obtains a satisfactory amount of parts and service business for the (applicable) department, in order to meet (industry type) parts and service goals established each year.
- Administers complete and accurate coverage of all customers in the assigned territory, and ensures that all customers in this territory are receiving proper inside sales service.
- Ensures that all RFQ's are promptly turned around as quotes and turned into orders when purchase orders are received from customers.
- Assist with maintaining accurate parts inventory.
- Ensures credit applications are actively pursued prior to each sale, or, a check is picked up in advance.
- Serves as the customer's primary contact for all parts and services programs, and to make sure that the customer is kept current on all of these programs offered by the client.
- Ensures first hand knowledge of all customer grievances, and shall be solely responsible for the reporting of these grievances to the Spares & Logistics Supervisor.
- Ensures that any lost sales are reported immediately to the applicable Sales Manager for that particular group.
- ?Ensures awareness of all competitive activity within the assigned territory and reports to management promptly.
- Assist with logistic arrangements for parts, etc.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists the Company in any necessary duties to achieve Company goals.
2. Performs other related duties as assigned. Skills/Education
- 1-3 years of experience in Sales (within the marine or power generation industry).
- Computer skills required are - Lotus Notes, Word and Excel.
- Must be able to comprehend, speak and write the English language.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.