A fantastic opportunity to work for a leading shipping company within their bunker services division which delivers bunker trading and brokerage services to shipowners and operators to optimise fuel procurement.
As a Junior Bunker Trader, you be initially trained in operations and introduced to light trading activities with a view to becoming a full trader over time.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Updating daily indications and reports
- Obtaining ETA updates from customers/agents
- Obtaining supplier expected time of deliveries and advise clients
- Assisting traders when issues occur during deliveries
- Liaising suppliers/agents for Statement of Facts and share with clients
- Dealing with updates of claims and liaise with traders for resolution
- Coordinating with accounting on invoicing
- Proactively advising stakeholders of operational updates
- Setting up monthly reports on KPIs for the stakeholders
To be suitable for this position you should;
- Be a shipping graduate or have experience working with a ship agency, shipowner or operator within the commercial department, or alternatively with a ship trading/broking organisation.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Keen interest in shipping and the fuel markets
- Team player, able to communicate effectively across different geographies and cultures.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications can only be considered with full rights to work in the USA, work visas cannot be sponsored.