Our client, a shipping company, is currently looking for an experienced Junior Chartering Manager in the dry bulk operator division to be based in India.
- Expand the existing and new clients portfolio across the territories assigned
- Build good working relationships with the charters, ship owner and tonnage providers.
- Recognize business opportunities (Cargo & tonnage)
- Good freight market judgement and understanding the market trends
- Competent to operate cargos & ships to monitor voyage performance
- Individually responsible for the final P&L of the organization
- Experience working in dry bulk markets, chartering, shipbroking, arbitrage freight trading both on physicals and FFA markets.
- Liaison with voyage and time charter parties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Maritime or related discipline
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience in the dry bulk shipping business
- Experienced with India Ocean/NOPAC region and worked with Panamax/Supramax
- Good understanding of the freight market
- Proven record of venturing into new markets and grow the business.
- Candidate to be based in India