We are looking for Safety Coaches, Inspectors, Auditors with Mentoring and Training experience. We offer onboarding and continuous training and have variety of jobs also for the Inspection area (Pre-Purchase Inspection).
Our Marine Safety Consultant is responsible to the Technical Manager for the provision of Safety Inspection, Audit, Training and Ships Security Services offered to both internal and external clients.
We are looking for experts based in South Korea for Newbuild and Takeover vessels. We also offer worldwide dispatch.
On-board safety is a fundamental requirement of the Safety Management System (SMS). Should any equipment, processes or practices on-board be observed that is considered to be unsafe or fails to meet the requirements of the SMS, then this must be reported immediately to vessel managers and copied to SeaTec Safety Line Management. Where there is an immediate risk, then direct intervention/action is to be taken to ensure the safety of personnel, the vessel, and the environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
On-board Training Services
- Review the work instruction form and once on-board undertake an initial assessment of the training task in discussion with the Master and/or Senior Officers.
- Prepare a short brief back to Managers/SeaTec Management confirming the arrangements for training and indicating any problems or suggested departure from the scope of work.
- Provision of on-board training/instruction including standard courses, additional training materials, drills and exercises.
- Complete and submit an on-board training report within 2 days of disembarking the vessel.
- Development and update of the on-board training materials to ensure that they are current with best practice.
- Undertake the ship safety inspection and/or requested audit noting any deficiencies, observations and recommendations.
- During the course of the inspection monitor the vessels compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- On completion of the Inspection/Audit, discuss the findings with the Master and Ship’s Staff and leave a copy on-board. The final inspection summary to be submitted to the office prior to disembarking or immediately after.
- Complete and submit an Inspection and/or Audit Report within 2 days of disembarking the vessel.
Ship Security Services
- Where requested, undertake the Ship Security Assessment (SSA) and prepare the Ship Security Plan (SSP) to class for approval. The SSA is to be completed and presented upon disembarking the vessel.
- Where requested, undertake the internal ISPS Audit and submit the audit report as defined above.
- Provide on-board security training, ISPS Awareness Training, SSO Training, CSO Training and search techniques in accordance with company materials. All training delivered to the crew will be summarized within the OBT Report.
- Every ship visit must be supported with a report on the purpose of the visit and the overall conclusions and/or recommendations. Where the visit is not covered by one of the standard reports, then a ship visit report is to be completed.
- Whilst on-board, all requested assistance should be provided to the Master and/or the Ships Superintendent commensurate with fulfilling duties and responsibilities highlighted.
Class 1 Master Mariner or suitable experience at a senior level on-board either as Chief Officer or Chief Engineer level
Where appropriate dangerous cargo endorsement
Experience in ISM Auditing and Vetting Inspections
A good understanding of the statutory requirements, regulations and marine codes of practice
Good communication skills and an ability to interact with management office and crew at all levels and nationalities
Good IT Skills and report writing skills in presenting materials and reports
Fluent in both written and spoken business English