Direct Search Asia has been exclusively tasked by our client to search for a Maritime Lead Auditor to be based at their office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. You will most likely be an ex-seafarer and sailed in the capacity as Captain or Chief Engineer. Speak to us now to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
- You are responsible for developing the annual Audit & Assurance initiatives, plan and budget to support the Group's business growth, customer requirement and operational needs
- Plan and manage audit assignments as per the annual audit plan and budget, including conducting the audits, preparation of audit reports, management reports and etc.
- Monitor and follow up on corrective actions or improvements with auditees to mitigate risks or enhance internal controls and management systems related to the assigned focus audit area
- Identify and update audit reports, audit tools/templates, standards, technical and industry developments and compliance governance/regulations e.g. IMO, SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, ISM, ISPS, EMS codes and etc.
- Contribute improvement recommendations to enhance the Audit & Assurance framework, policies and procedures
- You possess a senior maritime qualification e.g. Certificate of Competency Class One (Deck or Engine)
- At least 10 to 12 years of related working experience in maritime/oil & gas industry
- Good working knowledge to maritime rules and regulations, risk management and internal control frameworks and etc.
- Good relationship with flag state administration authorities, port state control authorities, classification societies and P&I Clubs