Our client is looking for a Lead Electrical Engineer to join their team in Southampton or in Midlands.
The successful candidate is expected to produce detailed electrical plans and calculations for production. Including 3D modelling of all systems and routing throughout all vessels.
- Lead the electrical design teams producing critical data such as all electrical systems including routing and positioning throughout the vessel.
- Help the naval architecture team develop the weight estimates and load cases for new and existing models. Improving the visibility of what has been and is being produced, increasing the accuracy of tracking going forward.
- Produce systems that can up-scaled / down scaled within the organisation's range to ensure the greatest production efficiency possible. Using identical components throughout the range reducing production and purchasing costs due to volume purchasing.
- Working with a team of designers / naval architects to optimise the overall design in performance and build efficiency.
- Be able to produce drawings to full production level, including complete detailed technical drawings, to enable the production yards and external contractors to efficiently produce the yacht and its components.
- Have a clear understanding of marine systems used throughout yachts, looking at developments within the marine sector helping develop newer technology integration throughout the range.
- Have a clear of understanding of marine standards including RCD, MCA, IMO, classification and certifying authorities requirements, including an understanding of electrical calculations from both first principles and class requirements.
- Occasional travel between design and manufacturing sites will be required.
- Communicate directly with concept designers/stylists to make the concept design suitable for our production line.
- Ensure that the product complies with all relevant Codes and Classifications.
- Setting up and upholding working standards in all aspects of the electrical design throughout FYDS.
- Manage the team workload; ensuring that brief is understood, work is efficient and output complies with standards, on time, on budget and fulfils the brief.
- Degree level qualification essential.
- Design and practical experience in the yachting sector.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of yacht production techniques and processes.
- Marine electrical systems and routing knowledge is essential.
- Able to work with 2D and 3D CAD software.