Lead a Team of Sr. Engineers, Engineers and designers to produce
Electrical deliverables for design of either converted or a New built
▪ Manage performance, quality and standards of Marine & Electrical
engineering deliverables throughout all engineering phases
(Conceptual Engineering, Engineering Definition, FEED, Basic and
▪ Provide technical advice and/or solution during Commissioning
▪ Develop engineering deliverables for E&I department to ensure
safe, fit-for-purpose, robust and cost-effective Marine Electrical
equipment design and operation.
▪ Lead the execution of all electrical engineering deliverables planned
by line Manager.
▪ Responsible for preparing the Marine (in co-ordination of overall)
Electrical design philosophy, design basis and functional
specification for design, Engineering and Construction of large
FPSO in accordance with CLIENT standards for the
offshore installation and operational life of the FPSO.
▪ Responsible for helping manage Engineering subcontractors during
execution of Basic and Detailed Engineering Scopes
▪ Managing key packages/subcontracting activities including
development of SoW, assistance in evaluation and suggesting the
best Subcontractor for the specified work pack.
▪ Lead Concept Selection Study, Engineering Definition deliverables
and FEED deliverables for Electrical equipment throughout all
phases of engineering.
▪ Lead preparation of MDR, calculation report, engineering analysis,
engineering drawings and equipment / packages specification at
conceptual, Engineering Definition and FEED level.
Page 2 of 3
▪ Review FEED, Basic and DDE deliverables by sub-contractors and
revert comments as per OBU Management Standards.
▪ Identify design changes for electrical equipment in FEED, Basic and
DDE deliverables by sub-contractors and provide input to Manager.
▪ Work towards development of technical and leadership capability to
support client’s vision and mission.
▪ Carryout documentation and data management as per OBU
Management Standards for E&I Department deliverables.
▪ Plan and co-ordinate activities of a team of engineers for providing
technical services to project executing departments, including
review of execution strategies.
▪ Support discipline head to manage Company discipline standards.
Participate in technical assurance and standardization activities to
ensure compliance to approved discipline standards.
▪ Utilize technical expertise to arrive at optimum solutions and cost effective designs.
▪ Arrive at technical decisions and engineering judgment considering
all other discipline include safety, cost and/or schedule impact.
▪ Ability to influence people and work in multi discipline/cultural
▪ Resolve technical problems within discipline area.
▪ Visit FAT/SAT, work sites, vendors and consultant/ contractor
facilities to verify / establish design conditions and assist during
construction, commissioning and troubleshooting of facilities.
▪ Manage conflicting priorities, varying technical requirements and
▪ Highly competent in engineering management with further benefits of floaters associated design.
▪ Knowledgeable in associated engineering discipline design tools, codes and standards.
▪ Able to address design risk and shortfall.
▪ Expertise in advanced electrical system studies
▪ At least 12 years of work experience in O&G industry.
▪ Minimum 8/10 years of experience in EPCC project for specific engineering discipline role.
▪ Experience in floaters type design aspect is preferred (Conceptual Study, FEED, Basic and DDE).
▪ Relevant recognized qualifications – Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical or other
related engineering) discipline.