My client is an independent ship design house, with an impressive track record delivering at all design stages for offshore, dredging, passenger vessel and yacht projects.
They are looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer, to focus on concept, basic and detailed design of mechanical systems for vessels and equipment.
As a senior member of the team, the Lead Mechanical Engineer will coordinate all engineering work and will translate customer requirements into technical drawings and functional specifications as part of a multidisciplinary project team. This will contribute to efficient production and maximise quality, safety, sustainability and efficiency of the equipment.
- Leading a team of four mechanical engineers regarding design, technical issues, executing and planning projects
- Acting as a figure of authority and motivating your team
- Overseeing design and coaching engineers to create the required engineering information
- Ensuring that vessels' systems and equipment are of high quality, cost-effective and comply with customer requirements
- Ensuring systems and equipment are well integrated in the vessel, and work closely with colleagues from other technical disciplines
- Acting as point of contact for internal colleagues, customers and suppliers during the design, production, commissioning and after-sales service
- Working proactively on continuous improvement, standardisation and development of design rules
- Reporting to the General Manager or Project Manager to update them on the progress of projects.
Skills / Experience
- BSc and/or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering and passion for the maritime industry
- Minimum of five years of experience with large mechanical constructions
- Excellent analytical, communication and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make decisions
- An innovative, stress-resistant and flexible approach
- Knowledge and experience with 3D modelling software
- An excellent command of Dutch or English, both written and spoken
- Existing Right To Work in the EU- sadly sponsorship is not possible
As my client engages with a wide range of international clients across varied marine and offshore sectors, this is a very attractive and exciting role, offering challenging projects carried out with a supportive and collaborative team. The position can be based from various offices across the Netherlands, depending on candidate location.
There are extensive professional development opportunities available. Other benefits include very flexible working hours, pension and holiday allowance, and a competitive salary. Please apply today to be considered.