Provide legal advice and support to Client’s Group of Companies Corporate Functions to ensure protection of client’s Group’s interests by:
- Acting as business partner towards the Corporate Functions to support business activities and recommending pragmatic solutions within legal and contractual framework
- Contributing to legal agreements and legal framework to harmonise Legal Support and enhance Legal Support efficiency to the benefit of the Corporate Functions
- Proactively promote Legal Support taking into consideration Client’s business operations,Initiatives, Sustainability and COBE.
Assist Manager in the provision of and/or provide legal service, support and advice, including drafting, negotiating, finalizing and stamping legal documents (‘Legal support’) pertaining to Client’s Group corporate functions within Legal CS portfolio for any projects in relation to:
- Human Resource (HR),
- Group Corporate Communication (GCC),
- ICT, and
Corporate Functions include:
- Legal Support for procurement exercises in relation to any Corporate Functions and ensure compliance with Procurement rules, aim to achieve harmonisation in the standards terms and conditions and similar suppliers/consultants,
- Legal Support pertaining to joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and sale & purchase of shares exercises undertaken by Cleint’s Group as and when required, including international ventures,
- Legal Support on financing matters – corporate loans and project financing, by reviewing, commenting and coordinating when relevant the facility and security agreements
- Identification of legal and contractual risks and highlight of areas of concern to Manager and proposals to Manager and/or internal clients of legal and contractual recommendations, solutions, strategies to achieve the purpose of the files or of Legal CS/LCSC, to eliminate or mitigate any potential risk and minimize MSIC Group’s exposure, risks and liabilities.
- Assist in ensuring that sufficient and up-to-date legal resources and materials are available to the legal units and LCSC teams, by doing research, ensuring proper filing and records, following up and propose innovative ideas for improvement (templates, organisation, reporting, sharing information etc), so as to effectively discharge Legal Support and enhance efficiency of Legal Support
- Verifying that process, policies and other rules are followed on the files assigned
In addition to the General accountabilities, in charge of the Legal Support, under Manager supervision for:
Intellectual Property (IP): implementation of IP policy by managing and monitoring the IP instructions related to the approved registrations and renewals in Malaysia and internationally, liaising with internal clients and external laws firms and accountable for tracking and updating IP record and renewals process and timeline
- HR property
- Travel agency
- Consent letters with implementation of simplified process and record
- Inter-company agreements (interco-loans, Services or master group agreements) with implementation of simplified process, templates and record
- Education: Bachelor of Laws.
- Experience: Minimum 7 years of working experience in general/ corporate/ commercial legal services with experience in 4 keys areas of Corporate Functions.