The Marine Superintendent role includes two main areas of responsibility:
- Supporting fleet operations teams in all aspects of the vessel's daily operations.
- Leading management and support for all Marine, Safety, Security and Vetting items.
Responsible for Navigational, Cargo and Mooring, Security and Vetting standards with authority to implement controls and initiatives to drive and maintain fleet standards.
The role supports the fleet operations and requires active engagement with fleet personnel, ashore and afloat as well as other business units, corresponding customer contacts and industry bodies on an ongoing basis.
- The role is customer facing managing direct relationships with vetting and assurance departments of some of the largest oil and gas companies, flag states and other key industry bodies and demands strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to represent, and manage the interests of the owners in both remote and face-to-face environments, at all times promoting the brand, image, culture and values.
Treat health, safety and environmental compliance as a top priority.
- Act as Company Security Officer (CSO)
- Establish and maintain constructive professional relationships with customer and oil major vetting and assurance teams, and flag states acting as the focal point for and attending key meetings and conferences as required.
- Act as a member of the emergency response team as a marine subject matter expert.
- Work closely with fleet teams as the focal point for navigation, cargo, mooring, commercial and safety aspects and providing support with all marine issues.
- Oversee STS operations; liaise with all parties and attend STS operations where required.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of time charter party requirements. Lead marine-related tasks within the team including support during TMSA, internal/external audits and inspections.
- Manage the process of Navigation, Cargo & ballast, Mooring and bunker audits and undertake necessary analysis/ trending to proactively identify and communicate areas of risk/ leading indicators with fleet operations.
- Monitor and analyze audit and inspection results; develop, implement and lead plans/campaigns to drive improvement and operational excellence.
- Perform MTMSAs, compatibility assessments, Due Diligence and Safe Port Assessments.
- Lead incident investigations for Navigation, Cargo & Mooring incidents and support HSEQ as required. Liaise with key stakeholders for follow up and close out of inspection reports in a timely manner.
- Visit vessels to provide guidance, instruction and clarity to ship's staff as appropriate.
- Manage the vetting and assurance process for the designated area of responsibility.
- Work closely with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure operations are effectively and efficiently conducted in order to promote operational leadership.
- Demonstrate and drive cost leadership in marine projects and annual budgets.
- Respond effectively to customers on all marine and terminal compatibility matters to ensure consistent delivery of first-class service.
- Meet with customers to build professional relationships and promote company interests.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Sailing experience (preferably on Oil / Gas Tankers) to a Senior Rank; minimum Class 2 (unlimited) Certificate of Competency.
- Sound knowledge in international maritime regulations, industry standards and HSEQ.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize critical work; work quickly and in high-pressure environments.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in vetting including OCIMF Sire inspection process, and other relevant industry processes, software, applications and web pages.
- Adept people-management, analytical, problem-solving, time-management skills.
- Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Develop and promote continuous improvement initiatives and strategies.
- Experience and competence in completing marine investigations.
To apply and find out more, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.