The Marine Technical Superintendent assists the Marine Operations Manager in monitoring the technical and operational performance of the chartered fleet. As delegated by the Shipping Manager, the Marine Technical Superintendent manages all activities related to Ship/Shore compatibility clearance.
- Monitoring, recording and evaluating performance data of the chartered fleet vessels and identifying any corrective action as required based on TCP.
- Investigating opportunities and making recommendations to upgrade the existing chartered fleet vessels to increase their operational efficiency/flexibility/safety and delivery capacity.
- Liaising directly with the vessel operator's Superintendents on day to day technical matters related to the chartered fleet vessels.
- Reviewing vessel operational and maintenance standards through ship inspection on the voyage and during port visits. Collect and file regular/monthly maintenance reports from the operators.
- Making recommendations on matters affecting efficient operations, including Gas management/fuel oil usage philosophy.
- Managing Depot Spares.
- Monitoring and recording all guarantee claims to ensure all are satisfactorily addressed.
- Conducting technical investigations and assuring satisfactory close-out of incident reports.
- In support of the Marine Operation Manager, assist with vessel inspections, operator technical audits, SIRE report assessments and terminal due-diligence visits. Approve and monitor close-out of any required technical corrective actions.
- Ensure that all discharge terminals where chartered vessels carrying LNG cargo are intending to discharge their cargo are confirmed as safe ports and that the terminal clearing activities are properly executed.
- Expedite ship-shore compatibility confirmation between LNG chartered vessels and discharge terminals are performed in a timely manner.
- Provide support in relation to incident response and crisis management.
- Performing Safety and Environmental Protection verification checks, recording of statistics and updating monthly and quarterly reports.
- Provide regular reporting on marine technical activities and ensure that appropriate Company Records are maintained.
- Required Personal Profile - Educational qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Chief Engineer Certificate of Competency, Degree in Engineering or Nautical Science, or similar.
- Sailed on LNG Vessels as a Senior Engineer.
- A broad background in marine operations and/or engineering, knowledge of the operation of LNG carriers (Steam and Motor/DFDE) or application of cryogenic engineering is desirable.
Please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org