Machinist -Full Time
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with company and OSHA safety standards.
- Skilled use of manual control lathe & milling machine in various processes related to the repair of turbocharger components.
- Utilize various metal salvaging techniques including welding (MIG/TIG), metal spray, EDM, torch, etc.
- Self-directed & highly resourceful in seeking information.
- Skilled in the use of metric and imperial measuring tools, such as Vernier calipers, micrometers, gauges, etc. with high degree of accuracy.
- Assembly and disassembly of turbochargers and turbocharger components and all associated processes for the purpose of repair, maintenance and installation, while in the workshop or at customer’s job site, to all ABB working instructions and quality standards.
- Cleaning turbocharger and turbocharger components to company standards using wet and dry cleaning processes, ensuring the integrity of the components material and dimension.
- Ability to read and understand instruction books written in English and drawings and to communicate efficiently and effectively in a professional manner, verbal or in written, while understanding the importance of protecting the company’s propriety information and intellectual property rights.
- Basic knowledge of turbocharger and engine principles, product range and repair techniques with ability to troubleshoot and provide information for investigation reports and operational inspections to assist customer improve the efficiency and operation of their product.
- Maintains controls of all special and hand tooling, slings, lifting and safety equipment to ensure that they are in good order.
- Ensures that the workshop machines are clean and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions with records of inspections and work performed
- Ensures the cleanliness and upkeep of the workshop, thereby creating an efficient and customer focused work environment in the shop and on jobsites.
- Clean driving license with ability to collect/deliver turbocharger and components to customer’s job site and perform work.
- Act as Company’s representative working to the company’s code of conduct and in an ethical manner to expand business activities and strives to satisfy and exceed customer’s needs and expectations.
- Maintain continuous training of all new product and processes, best practices and product service all in accordance with working instructions and company regulations to maintain a high quality of service engineering group.
- All quality aspects and discipline for job execution, through standard presentation of components following service/repair, including final in-house job inspection to documentation within company guidelines/regulations, including the accurate and timely completion of DSA service reports, evaluations, part requests etc.
- Basic understanding of financial and legal aspects of contracting with the customers and suppliers.
- Reviews and evaluates shop and service working practices, suggest and implement corrective actions where necessary to improve the efficiency of the service performance level.
- Special projects as required.
- High school / vocational school graduate or equivalent and minimum 5 years of experience as a machinist or in metalworking.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work legally in the US.
- Knowledge of close tolerances, blueprint readings and metric measurements.
- Ability to write technical reports and interact professionally with customers.
- Proficient in English language.