Environmental, Health & Safety Manager is responsible for communication and coordination of all environmental, health, safety and training programs and the applicable systems associated with each.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement a comprehensive EHS & Training strategy & systems including terminal policy and procedures.
- Terminal subject matter expert to address & validate regulatory compliance
- Establish the appropriate systems which coordinate and execute training programs to enable a safe culture through safe practices.
- Oversee, review and ensure effective EHS performance metrics
- Monitor industry and regulatory changes to ensure the operations are current and compliant
- Engage and align with Corporate EHS through best practice sharing to enable companywide systems implementation.
- Respond to emergencies off hours
- Investigate and report security violations and incidents and work closely with Terminal Managers, employees and management to develop appropriate corrective actions
- Perform required self-inspections of security program, resolving possible security violations and initiating measures to correct security deficiencies
- Process visit requests for personnel and International visit requests
- Ensures up-to-date security knowledge through training, security meetings, and security-related memberships
- Conduct quarterly drills as required by FSP
- Ability to understand, explain, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, directives, and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 6 years business experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety
- Well-versed in EPA, ADEQ, OSHA and related standards and regulations
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication
- Work in most weather conditions and around heavy machinery, which can be dangerous at times
- Shift work which may require early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Must meet “fit for duty” requirements upon job offer (pre-employment physical and drugtest)