Marine Engineering Manager (Maintenance and Repair)
Location - US Great Lakes (Michigan)
The purpose of this role is to represent our client as the Manager of Marine Engineering ensuring the vessels are maintained, repaired, and all other requirements are met.
- Ensure that Engineering group is managed effectively. (5 Technical Superintendents)
- Responsible for ensuring the vessels perform to ensure they are safe, reliable, and efficient in service.
- The position holder will be clients focal point of contact for all Engineering related matters.
- You will lead the group ensuring all budgets are met.
- Bachelors degree in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture.
- Minimum of 10 years shoreside experience with 5 years of Port Engineer / Technical Superintendent experience.
- Sailing experience on USCG Engineer's license preferred.
- Previous experience with new ship operation and construction.
- Demonstrated experience of engineering management experience
- Experience with internal and external parties
- Strong communication skills for presentations.
- Must have valid passport